NewColdWar is managed by Geopolitical Economy Research Group of the University of Manitoba, Ottawa, Canada. It was founded in 2014 to provide factual and insightful analysis, backed by accurate news and information, about the proliferating national and class conflicts changing our world, which the established media were either misreporting, or failing to cover.
In parallel, however, a new journalism is flowering, evident in the welcome multiplicity of alternative sources and sites and in the rising quality of independent reportage and analysis. NewColdWar seeks to create a platform for the new journalism, at the same time setting high standards of rational, evidence-based enquiry, by selecting, and making available to the general public and the scholarly world, the best and most informative works we can find.
In keeping with the theory of Geopolitical Economy and its concept of the multipolar world order, the focus of NewColdWar is on the multiplying fronts of world conflict, especially but not solely Western economic, financial and military hostility towards China, Russia, and a host of countries from Syria to Venezuela, from Iran to Bolivia, which challenge their dominant policies, practices and narratives.
The following articles by Charles McKelvey have been published by NewColdWar.org.
- “North Korea: Beyond US propaganda: The DPRK’s struggle for independence and unification,” republished in New Cold War, December 1, 2021; initially published in Substack column on November 26, 2021.
- “Europe and the Cold War against China,” republished in New Cold War, October 29, 2021; initially published on October 26, 2021 Substack Column.
- “Non-Aligned Movement commemorates 60 years,” republished in New Cold War, October 25, 2021; initially published on October 22, 2021 Substack column.
- “Xi Jinping proposes Global Development Initiative: The President of China seeks win-win cooperation,” republished in New Cold War on October 20, 2021; initially published in Substack column on October 19, 2021,
- “Review: The Propaganda War against China,” republished in New Cold War, October 15, 2021; previously published on Friends of Socialist China, October 13, 2021; initially published on October 12, 2021 Substack column.
- “China and the Third World: The construction of an alternative, more just world-system,” republished on New Cold War, October 6, 2021; previously published on Friends of Socialist China, 10/2/2021; initially published on October 1, 2021 Substack column.
- “The International Manifesto Group: a report on the September 5 [Zoom] launch event,” New Cold War, September 8, 2021; initially published on September 7, 2021 Substack column).
- “A critical review of Through Pluripolarity to Socialism: A Manifesto,” New Cold War, September 6, 2021; initially published on September 2, 2021 Substack column).
Articles by Charles McKelvey in NewColdWar.org can be found here.